Tuesday, January 22, 2008

22 Jan 2008

And how shall the end be vain when God is the guide ? - Sri Aurobindo

Read this quotation in the diary that was gifted to me. And there were several thoughts that atonce flooded my mind.

Nature versus Nurture is a debate that is going on forever. Is everything in life pre-destined or does the key to future (and it shapes up) lie in our hand, is a question that is being debated for a long time by various streams of science and religion.

At a personal level, I have been an individualistic and have taken ownership of almost of all the achievements and goof ups of my life. Born and bought up with a certain set of religious values has made me reach to a conclusion that both Karma (actions) and Desity are co-related. Karmic-Destiny is what life is, according to me. Our past definetly has a bearing on our present and the way we percieve the situation. However, if we extend the same logic further, it means that the way we work and think in the present is going to impact our future.

No comments: